Monday, January 24, 2011

Recent Discoveries

1. Recently I read this: "Our humanity makes us leaky people.  Truth comes in and fills us up but our cracks and crevices and circumstances are like drains pulling the truth out and leaving a hollowness that can haunt.  Daily, hourly, moment by moment we must stand in the reality of our identity before we resume our activity."
Don't know why (except yes I do know why) but this slapped me in the face and then it pointed at me like I should feel ashamed of myself.  I'll admit, I've been spending a lot of time lately absorbed in some negativity that has been swirling around me.  I don't really like it and I don't want it, but I've reveled in it and let it take over too much of me.  Now I'm standing in the reality of my identity, and I think I'll walk away from myself and toward what I know is Better!
2. Recently my husband and I decided to start looking for a new home so that we have a little more room to grow as a family.   While I'm super excited at the prospect of owning a larger home, I've found that I do not enjoy house hunting!  Call me crazy, but once the idea of moving started becoming more of a reality, the process itself became slightly overwhelming to me.  Who would have thought there would be an instance in which I didn't enjoy shopping?!?
3.  Three words: Old mix CD's!  In connection to discovery #2, I've started going through the stuff that we've accumulated in the past five years (which is a disturbingly large amount of crap!) and I found a set of CD's that I made for a crazy group of teenagers a few years back and I can't stop listening to them!!  Here's to small groups with high school girls (and to one no-longer-teenage-girl in particular who I know still shares my love of these old hits) and to the fun, cheesy music they require!


4 comments:

Molly said...

Well said sister! It is so easy to get sucked in to the negative, but being the bigger person is always the better alternative. I need to tell myself that as of late also!

I felt the same way about house hunting when we were going through it, you're not crazy! You will find the right house, at the right time. I'll definitely pray for your sanity ;)

xoxo

JenniferBollinger said...

That's so exciting that your moving! Call if you need help packing or organizing! Also, I love mix CD's and all the cheese they bring. :)

Ashley said...

Mood Ring Oh Mood Ring!!! Seriously jam out to that CD all the time and this of you every time. Here's to media fasting, I feel like I could use a dose of that sometimes. You guys are going to find the most adorable house for your adorable family, and I can't wait to help decorate! P.S.- Love the new pic of Adelyn!
My new view on negativity- pish posh we don't need it!
Love you!

Tracy said...

Very well written Carrie! Very true statement. Isn't it funny how things get into our life that God uses to snap us out of ruts? And why are we surprised? He is an amazing God!

Exciting about a new house!! New house=New chapter! Congrats! It'll all work out in the end! Let me know if you need any help