Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Day

I feel like January 1 is the sneakiest day of the year - it always has a way of creeping up on me and I never really feel ready to start the new year.  Maybe it's because I've never been much for resolutions.  Let's be real people - I'm the worst at following through with anything that requires long term discipline and personal accountability.  I mean there are a handful of things that I've found "success" in, but if I'm honest, those are things towards which I have a natural inclination and don't necessarily force me to dig deep down inside to achieve.  So I must admit, I avoid making resolutions because I definitely don't like to fail and who can fail if they don't set a lofty goal to begin with, right?  Instead this year I think I'll try to take it one day at a time, and remind myself that with each new day comes the opportunity to be a better mom to my beautiful daughter, a better wife to the man who accepts me and loves me no matter how nuts I am, a better friend to all the lovely ladies in my life who fill me up with laughter, joy, and love - and even a little crazy drama from time to time - you know who you are ;) ...  Last of all I think I want to be kinder to myself and allow myself the room to make mistakes without being my own worst critic.  I want to be able to laugh at myself more and to enjoy this time and place to which God has brought me.  Because when I step back and look at all His blessings in my life, I have so much to be thankful for and every day He brings me more and more.  I want to appreciate each new day for the simple gift that it is!  So, January 2 is soon to come and I'm ready to face the day!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Amen sister...I couldn't agree more with this post! Love you girl!

Tracy said...

Agree!! I hate resolutions too...every day brings on new challenges and new dreams so how can I say I'll do something the same for a whole year?! Taking one day at a time sounds great to me too!! Love ya!!